Now that you have your beautiful diamond jewelry, it’s important to keep it clean and sparkling. Although very durable, diamonds can be scratched and damaged if not cared for properly. With a little bit of TLC, you can keep your diamond jewelry looking like new.
Here are some tips on how to best care for your diamonds:
1. Regularly inspect your diamond jewelry for any loose stones or damage.
Insurance plans typically cover lost or stolen diamonds, but it’s still a good idea to check your jewelry regularly to make sure everything is in good condition.
If you notice any loose stones or damage, take your jewelry to a qualified jeweler for repair.
2. Clean your diamonds regularly with a soft toothbrush and mild soap. Be sure to rinse well and dry thoroughly. You should do this every few weeks, or more often if you wear your jewelry often.
Diamonds tend to collect oil and dirt from your skin, which can make them look dull. A good cleaning will restore their sparkle.
3. Store your diamond jewelry in a soft cloth pouch or jewelry box to prevent scratching.
Store the pouch in a locked jewelry box or safe to prevent loss, or being stolen in the event of a house break in.
4. Avoid exposure to chemicals, heat, or ultrasonic cleaners, which can damage some diamonds.
Take diamond rings off when doing household chores, or working with chemicals. You should also remove diamond jewelry before going into a sauna or steam room, as the heat can damage some types of diamonds. Also keep it out of chlorine, as it can discolor metals.
Diamonds are sensitive to heat and can discolor if exposed to temperatures over 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Bring your diamond jewelry to a professional jeweler every 6 months to have it professionally cleaned and inspected.
Creating this habit will ensure that your diamond jewelry will last a lifetime!
6. Have your diamond jewelry insured.
This will protect your investment in the event that your diamond jewelry is lost, stolen, or damaged. Be sure to keep all receipts and documentation in a safe place, as you will need it to file a claim.
7. Enjoy your diamond jewelry!
Now that you know how to care for your diamonds, you can wear them with confidence knowing that they will continue to sparkle and shine.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your diamond jewelry looking its best for years to come!